Thursday, June 5, 2008

My first post (who am I?)

Who am I ? I am a husband, a father, a grandfather (man am I too young for that one.) I was born at the end of the baby boom and frankly more closely resemble the next generation. I am moderate to conservative on almost everything. I have opinions on education, race, religion, immigration (and emigration too, but we aren't seeing a whole lot of that,) the economy, and the quest for full employment and practically anything else you bait me with.

I live an hour from Dallas and ten miles from the county seat (I still wonder how Andy Taylor was the sheriff when Mount Pilot was the county seat.) My parents live roughly an hour further from Dallas on the place my dad was born. Mother was born just a couple of miles away. My parents and both of their sets of parents were married for over 50 years. One of my great-grandfathers fought in the (un)Civil War. I have been married for over 30 years myself.

No comments: